Pages

Monday, November 21, 2016

Whimsical Giraffe baby blanket!


Here it is! A fully finished baby lovey blanket! This takes the two previous patterns that I have posted, and combines them into a beautiful little security blnaket for baby's and toddlers. These lovey blankets are my specialty and I am so happy to share it with you! Most baby lovey blankets only have an animal head, and sometimes arms attached to the blanket.  What makes my version of a lovely blanket unique is that there is a full animal on it!  When I was little I always liked to be able to move my stuffed animals limbs, to make my them run, dance, and play with other stuffed animals.  Another thing that makes my patterns special is that the animal is located on the corner of the blanket.  I have noticed that a great deal of lovey blankets have their animal heads placed right in the middle.  This is a fine option but I like to place the animal in the corner so that the child can have something to hold onto and still have a full little blanket dangling bellow.  This pattern allows your child to have a blanket that they can love, snuggle, and cuddle up with as well as play with!


Happy Crocheting! 


The two posts that are included in this lovey blnaket crochet pattern are:

  1. Giraffe Stuffed Animal
  2. Cute Baby Lovey Blanket
You will need both of these patterns completed to make the full blanket.  This post discusses how to attach the stuffed animal to the corner of the blanket. 

You can also find this pattern in PDF version on my Etsy store! This pattern includes both the Whimsical giraffe stuffed animal crochet pattern as well as the cute crochet baby blanket pattern all for $4.00! 

Ok so lets get to it! Lets put those parts together!



The first thing that you want to do is look at your blanket and decide which corner you want to attach your animal to.  The way I decide is I always look for the end that has the longest yarn tails on it.  The yarn tails are what I use to attach the stuffed animal to the blanket with.  If you did not leave long yarn tails or have already sewn the tails back into the blanket that's ok too! You will just have to get a long piece of yarn (either white or ombre baby color) to use for attachment.  You probably will not need a piece of yarn longer than 12 to 24 inches. Also note that you can always trim the yarn at the end if it is too long.

Once you have decided on the corner that you want to use grab your stuffed animal.  Now we are going to place the animal on the blanket where you want to attach it.  Go ahead and take some time to decide what you think looks best.  Most of the time I decide to attach the blanket right at the base of the neck of the animal or doll, but sometimes I attach it in the lower back.  This just depends on what I think will look best and me the most practical for the little one.  For the giraffe I decided to attach the blanket right at the base of its very long neck and continue down the back for extra support. 



Once you have decided on the placement use straight pins to hold your animal right where you want while you are sewing. The straight pins will help so that the animal does not move while you are sewing.

Using your long tail or extra yarn start to sew your animal onto the blanket.  I never have a real system while I do this I usually just sew until I feel like the animal is sturdy.
Note: I never pull the needle all the way through to the front of the animal but keep the stitching to just the back side.  If you pull the needle all the way to front it causes bunching in the front of the animal.

Once you feel the animal is attached well, all you need to do is truck in the extra yarn pieces.  I usually just take the back of the crochet hook and use it to stuff the yarn into the animal.


Volia! Now you are done and have your fully finished crochet lovey blanket! Now it is time to give it to that little loved one of yours! 


I hope you enjoyed this pattern! 

Don't miss my next one!


Please Note:
 This pattern in the property of heycrochailey.  You may not sell or redistribute this pattern in any way.
However you may: Post up to two pictures on your blog or website with a link back to this post. 
You may also: Sell your own handmade items form this pattern as long as there is a clearly listed link back to this post in your description. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a cool giraffe. I like the colors a lot and the description of the blanket is wonderful done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! Im glad you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete